Hey Aussies / Kiwis / Japanese, are you still there? :)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by daiquiri, Dec 20, 2012.

1. boat fan

boat fan Senior Member

All is well.....don`t worry.
    Bernanke is still printing ...LOL:D

1 person likes this.
  2. masalai

masalai masalai

Has anyone had difficulty in accessing the document at the above link? http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2013/01/2013/

I favour this solution.. "My old friend and recently retired RBNZ director Hugh Fletcher has suggested another ingenious approach which would involve differential taxation regimes for domestic and foreign investors in our dollars. Essentially, the yield margin for foreign investors would be taxed away. This deserves close study.
    Macca’s prediction goes like this for what it is worth: it will get much worse before it gets better. A slow train wreck is in motion and a lot of currency exposed businesses will be crippled before there is a change in policy. Our central bankers and policymakers will bet the farm on a speedy US recovery and normalization of rates because that will provide an excuse for doing nothing.
    Macca is worried, because doing nothing is really a bad idea unless a sharp recovery in the USA, Japan and Euro-zone is imminent-and it is not."

A TOTAL CHANGE OF TOPIC... Here is an "inbread cat"

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

The link opened...bit slow, but my internet con on the boat is super slow.

Thats what Switzerland did...You paid to have them keep your money.

4. BPL

BPL Senior Member

Opened ok. More optimistic than even I am, and I'm not a FUDster. Refreshing to read something about working and moving other than FUD paralysis.

5. masalai

masalai masalai

The second part was a bit difficult to digest for this little amateur, but I did enjoy the read and analysis... It is good to get a differing view that is well researched and analysed...

6. masalai

masalai masalai

Oh s41t, where is the appreciation for some humour? - - - Only one showed appreciation for the "friday funny" on Monday :eek: :eek: :p

I am still alive and doing research and reading on terra preta and biochar (not boating stuff). and thinking what next to fit the rudders back into my boat at the king tide on Saturday and looking at the images by Peter Jarver peterjarver.com which comes up nicely for me without the "http:/ or www." - BEAUTIFUL images though...

7. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

The cat or the bread?

8. masalai

masalai masalai

no comment - - There is not enough recipies for roadkill cat...........

9. michael pierzga

michael pierzga Senior Member

Hey...you cant eat my cat...............Hands off

http://[​IMG]

10. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Seen from here, that black cat is crossing the ship's waterway.
    Any news about that ship after the photo was taken? When and where exactly did it sink?

11. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Wouldn't dream of it......... looks like a nuclear reactor is growing out of its' head.:eek:

12. Frosty

Frosty Previous Member

That is the devils cat.

And behold the cat that has a lit cigarette but in its right ear shall behold the world.

13. masalai

masalai masalai

Thinking of "old Aussies", ex PM, Malcolm Fraser was on tele, "One plus One", and talking of times past and reconcilliation with Gough, whom he ousted in a nasty "Coup`de tat" (resticted characterset of the US keyboard - - so you know what I mean - hopefully)... I sort of felt sorry for the old fart. - but quite interesting reminicences anyhow... He seems to have turned quite anti USA for some bloody reason... citing the propensity for a policy of containment by military intervention, that has failed in Korea, Vietnam and throughout the middle east and so on - - all failing miserably and adventurism in the wast pacific will likely put Australia in a politically unpleasant position and that Australia weill end up footing the bill, with friends like that, what could have been neutral to friends of Australia in the western Pacific basin, will likely become vengeful enemies...

I guess he does not think much of little Johnny either, (next liberal PM), (reading between the lines - - by 'omission')...

14. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Typical Masalai - deliberately ignorant or lying about things he doesn't like.

I remember those events because I was voting in them.

We had an election. Gough lost comprehensively. I helped vote him out. Incompetence has (or at least should have) consequences.

I guess it's only a "Coup`de tat" when you don't like the outcome, hey? The vast majority of the country certainly did.

When we'd collectively decided that Fraser was a dud, he went in the 'has been' bin too. Such is life in a democracy. What's the odds on Gillard being PM after the next election?

PDW

15. Number4

Number4 Previous Member

Il est coup d'état vous bâtards australiens!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.