Henk Tingen Designer - Kok boat builder

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by MMNet SEA, Apr 16, 2007.

1. MMNet SEA

MMNet SEA Junior Member

I would appreciate any information on Henk Tingen - Boat Designer (Ontwerper) Henk was understood to be actively designing boats during the period 1939 until the mid sixties. A number of his yachts were built by the Kok boat builders in Vinkeveen near Hilverson - Holland. The KOK yard appears to have to have carried on under the name Theo Kok at the same place in Achterbos - Vinkeveen.

Any information regarding his history , his designs , his builds, and information regarding yachts that he designed that are still on the water, will be gratefully received and acknowledged. The same applies to information on the KOK enterprise of Vinkeveen - Holland.

2. schipper

schipper Skipper

Dutch website containing Henk Tingen information

Take a look at www.amisia.nl and select on the left menu "ontwerper Henk Tingen".

Although the site is written in dutch you can see some of his drawings and vessels he had designed.
    Our inland vessel is designed by Henk Tingen. Do you own a Henk Tingen vessel? Show me a picture.

Skipper of the dutch inland vessel Amisia.

3. MMNet SEA

MMNet SEA Junior Member

Hoi Schipper,
    I have sent you an email using Boat Design's form - I have photos of Henk Tingen's designs

4. MMNet SEA

MMNet SEA Junior Member

Henk Tingen's Designs

one photo to start

Attached Files:

5. tapburrbit

tapburrbit New Member

Orka 12 ( Outrageous )

Hi,

I have noticed your posts with regard to Henk Tingen designed boats. I have been an owner of an Orka 12 Ketch , Built by Scheepswerf KOK vinkeveen Holland in 1956 , for the past 30 years. I have been sailing her mostly on Long Island sound.
    Information on these boats has not been easy to find over the years. A number of years back someone gave me sail plans of a nearly identical Tingen design with a Yawl rig and it was called a Hollander 41 .
    When I first started sailing Outrageous I was 14 years old, My Father bought her in 1978. We sailed her till 1985 or 6 and hauled her for a complete rebuild. We launched her again in 1990 after replacing portions of her hull , all her deck frames , deck , and interior. We also installed a new volvo engine. She has been sailing every season since 1990 . In around 1998 I broke her original Main mast in a squall . Over that next winter I built both a new sitka spruce main and mizzen mast, using most of the original hardware.
    After searching on the internet Time and Time again only now is information starting to pop up about these boats. I thought it would be a good Idea to let people Know Where a Orka 12 is still in commission for the 2008 season.

Heres a link to a photo Gallery,
    http://www.pardinidesign.com/outrageous_gallery

6. schipper

schipper Skipper

7. tapburrbit

tapburrbit New Member

Hi Schipper

Thanks so much for including Outrageous on your website. One of the very next things I was going to do was to Email your site with the details of her.
    In fact in near future I will Email you with an edited description for your site. I need to find some old paperwork I have, that has on it her original name and the owner she was built for. Outrageous had a few owners in her first 20 year.

Thanks,
    David Newmark
    New Rochelle New York , USA

8. schipper

schipper Skipper

9. tapburrbit

tapburrbit New Member

Thank you for the update...... Outrageous is still sailing well.

10. tapburrbit

tapburrbit New Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.