ABS for XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by sorenfdk, May 6, 2004.

1. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

II used to have a DOS-based program to calculate scantlings according to the ABS' Guide for Buliding and Classing Offshore Racing Yachts, but since I recently changed OS to Windows XP, I'd like to know where I can get a Windows-based program instead.

I have only found one (from NautaTec in Spain - hhtp://www.nautatec.com), but are there others?

2. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

I wrote one in 1985-6 for Tanton, DOS-based, called "Ambush". Still works great on Win98 :)

Windows-based? Probably easier to set up an Excel sheet to hack through it.

Steve

3. sorenfdk

sorenfdk Yacht Designer

Yeah - our DOS-programs also ran fine on Win98, and I think it's possible to make them run on XP too, but I don't know how and I also think it's time we got rid of DOS.

Maybe we could set up an Excel sheet, but then there's all the testing... Much easier if someone had done that already!

I've tried NautaTecs program, and it looks fine, but it's a bit expensive - almost as much as Lloyd's entire SSC-package!

Søren

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.