Help with displacement cruiser for retirement

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by CPperch, Nov 28, 2011.

1. CPperch

CPperch Junior Member

Buehler's designs certainly draw strong responses. Agree the white boat is a bit busy. On the other hand, she was single handed from China to San Francisco! I suspect most of that stuff serves a purpose (even thought I don't know what all of those things are for!)

I would say most boat's owners can't claim such capability.

2. eyschulman

eyschulman Senior Member

Interesting that the boat came from china. When I look at a Buehler boat it kind of reminds me of a Junk. Just picture that white boat with a set of junk sails. I wounder if he used the junk as an inspiration for his designs or if is just coinsidence? Thomase Colvin did a lot of modified junk designs for coastal cruising and live aboard that were very succesful all sail to my knowlege. But I believe some junks(there are many variations) adapt well to power.

3. CPperch

CPperch Junior Member

4. CPperch

CPperch Junior Member

5. eyschulman

eyschulman Senior Member

That makes real sense to me. The junk rig on these boats can act as auk. power-riding sail-steading sails. It fits functionaly and artisticly.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.