1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Help with binks polycraft machine

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Nicholas Clark, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Nicholas Clark

Nicholas Clark Junior Member

I have a binks polycraft 6 pump machine that i need to do some repairs on. Its a 15 to 1 ratio pump model B15OOEP serialB1280. Does anyone no where i can get spares or a mannual from. Thanks Nicholas Clark, Grateful for any help i can get.:confused:

Attached Files:

2. Bob Tobiaski

Bob Tobiaski New Member

Bob Tobiaski - Tech support ITWFEA

The Binks B1500EP has been obsolete for over 12 years. I have attached the drawing for reference.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. Nicholas Clark

Thanks thats great.

4. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

This is a twin cylinder modle !! the one in the pictures is a single cylinder so just half is being used .
    What do you actually need for it ?? is it working when you couple the air supply or nothing happening !!
    Resin pumps are pretty simple and easy to service !! o rings and seals are all thats needed normally !! Make sure any oring you get need to be styrene resistant !!lay everything out as you tak it apart and soak and clean in acetone over night and scrap and wire brush and shine everything !!. Use vasaline to assemble it just a light coat on everything specially threads and where faces fit against each other !!. Make sure you understand what pipes go where and what each one is for draw a diagram and tag everything !!. Gel coat and sesin will harden all by its self over time and is a right *** of stuff to get out of pipes and parts try not to use heat as will soften the material and even distort the shape if you get carried away , set up a video camera while you are taking the thing apart so you can rewind and watch what goes where and how it fits . . I recently had the job os servicing 6 venus guns and pumps that had been sitting for a few years and was a mater of every pipe part and nut and bolt having to be disassembled and cleaned and greased and reassembled . then the job of firing up and getting to work and teaching someone to be an operater !!. and how to use everything :p!!.

5. Nicholas Clark

Thanks its been a great help. Its good to know that guys like you are out there to help someone.

6. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

POLY CRAFT MADE A PUMP VERY SIMULAR WAS LIKE 1/2 A VW MOTOR WITH 2 CYLINDERS SO MAYBE POLY CRAFT PARTS COULD BE SIMULAR !!,SEALS AND O RINGS AS I SAID ITS THE STYRENE THAT IS A PROBLEM !! MAKES SEALS SWELL AND GO OUT OF SHAPE VERY QUICKLY EVEN WILL DISOLVE SO !!!:p
    tHE 2 CLINDER MODELS CAN BE COUPLED OF ONE SIDE RESIN THE OTHER SIDE GEL COAT SO WERE PRETTY SAFISTICATED MACHINES . YOURS IS A SINGLE SO JUST RESIN !!

7. Herman

Herman Senior Member

You can use viton rubber seals. ITW Industrial Finishing / ITW Binks / ITW Devilbiss should have what you need, or at least give you more info. I am not aware of a European distributor, other than Brands Structural Products in NL.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.