K&E Spline Weights and Splines

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by edneu, Mar 19, 2024.

1. edneu

edneu Junior Member

I am in the process of moving and I am trying to get a good home for 15 K&E spline weights (in orginal boxes, except one, it is in 1/2 the orginal box). They are lead and weigh about 4.5 lbs each.

I am sorry if this to the wrong place to put this, but who else would be interested? What would be a bettter place to find soemone that would be interested.

I also have a set of acrylic splines in the following lengths 2 @60", 7 @47", 4 @36", and 2 @24". They have been stored in a PVC tube.

Both items are probably a PITA to ship, I am in Southwest Florida.

I also have a vemcolite drafting light (VL4). I am moving to the land of 220v. IMG_1418.JPEG IMG_1419.JPEG IMG_1420.JPEG IMG_1421.JPEG IMG_1422.JPEG IMG_1428.JPEG IMG_1430.JPEG

I thought someone here might be interested, if so, let me know.

2. Tops

Tops Senior Member

Ed, if I were only about 1500 miles closer...
    I made some weights for myself this winter. It's a fair piece of work once you make patterns and cast at 2-3$ a pound for small lots of lead (had most of it in stock as old diving weights)and fettle and paint them and add the hooks and felt.
    Do you think the splines would roll up to ship into a smaller/flatter box?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  3. edneu

edneu Junior Member

The splines are fairly stiff, if you bend them too much they develop a kink, I had that happen to some longer ones (not a proud moment) . I am hoping someone would want these and will pay for the shipping, But I am not sure how much that might be. I hope you have a great day!

Ed

Tops likes this.