Friese Schouw

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by flathead65, Jul 16, 2016.

1. flathead65

flathead65 Jeff Thompson

I'm searching for lines and offsets for a 30ft. (9 meter) Friese Schouw. There are quite a few drawings online, but nothing complete as far as I can find. Perhaps there is a catalogue of designs in the Netherlands I can contact and purchase prints from? Either a museum or naval architect? My intention is to build in steel and with bilge keels if at all possible. Thanks.

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

I found this drawing of the lines plan for a Zeeschouw some time ago, and saved a copy as I have a friend who has one in England.
    Although I think it is a bit different to a Friese Schouw.

And I think I had found on this Forum, and saved the GA and lines plan (copies below) of another type of Schouw, although I am not sure what type it is.

Attached Files:

3. BertKu

BertKu Senior Member

How good is your Dutch. There is a magazine which covers only classic and wooden boats " Spiegel der Zeilvaart" A brilliant magazine and I am convinced that somebody from them can help you.
    Spiegel der Zeilvaart
    http://www.spiegelderzeilvaart.nl/
    Spiegel der Zeilvaart is hét tijdschrift voor eigenaars en liefhebbers van Hollandse traditionele schepen en ... Kijk dan op www.magvilla.nl om online te bestellen.
    Bert