Outflow Calculation In Autohydro

Discussion in 'Software' started by stavrou2000, Sep 9, 2009.

1. stavrou2000

stavrou2000 Junior Member

OK MY PROBLEM IS VERY DIFFICULT...

I WANT TO EXTRACT FROM THE AUTOHYDRO THE OUTFLOW CALCULATION ACCORDING TO MARPOL FOR A TANKER VESSEL. SO I NEED THE A RUN FILE. ANYONE CAN HELP ME?

FURTHER MORE I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP AND GUIDE ME ON HOW I CAN USE THE "DAMSTAB" FROM AUTOSHIP FOR TANKERS AND NOT FOR BULK CARRIERS.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

PS : MY PRIVATE EMAIL IS xarisstavrou@gmail.com

2. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

No need to shout......:D

3. stavrou2000

hey martin i am in a very difficult position here.....i dont want to do all these calculation by the hand....i will finish the study in the next year...:))))))

4. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

Well you probably can solve it using Excel, but it will require a lot of programming.

5. stavrou2000

Yes I Know..i Do It Right Now...but I Hope That Anyone Can Help Me With That Using Run File...cause I Am A Autohydro User But I Am Not So Specialized With The Macro Order....i Am Sure That Someone Have This Routin Coz I Saw In The Internet That Some Guys Have The Outflow.run But I Must Pay To Take It...

Anyway...thanks For The Intresting I Am Going To My Excle Files To Finish The Calculations..i Hope In This Year.....xaxaxa

6. Paul Kotzebue

Paul Kotzebue Previous Member

Why not write your own run file? If you can write an Excel spreadsheet to do the calculations, you should be able to write the run file yourself.

7. petlily

petlily Junior Member

This is from GHS website. Not sure if it is applicable for autohydro;

New Oil Fuel Tank Protection Regulation OUTFLOW Compliance

OUTFLOW [(fuellist)] lsdraft [,loaddraft] command was added to report compliance with MARPOL 73/78 Annex 2 Regulation 12A protecting the given oil fuel tank list (default is all tanks containing "DIESEL OIL" or "FUEL OIL"). All provisions of reg 12A are verified except paragraphs 9 and 10 pertaining to piping valves and suction wells. The molded midship lightship draft is required; default summer load line draft is the LCF draft as currently loaded. Optional parameters:

/BOTtom:[fueltank[:area]],... - fuel tanks bordering the bottom shell with optional maximum horizontal projected area (reg 12A.11.5.3.3; default bottom tanks touch bottom shell using horizontal bounding rectangle area);

/CAPture:caplist - fuel tanks bounded below by non-oil tanks (reg 12A.11.5.4; by default a fuel tank may be captured by any tank not in fuellist which intersects its horizontal bounding rectangle with lower minimum and maximum vertical heights);

/HULL:name - hull part name (default is HULL or first displacer part);

/LENgth:len - vessel length (reg 12A.3.9; default is 96% waterplane length at 85% of least molded depth for deck edge);

/BReadth:br - vessel molded breadth (reg 12A.3.7; default is overall breadth);

/DEPth:dep - vessel molded depth (reg 12A.3.8; default is midship deck depth);

/SPGR[:density] - nominal specific gravity used instead of current fuel tank values (reg 12A.11.2.3; default is 1.0);

/PERM[:permeability] - nominal permeability used instead of current fuel tank values (reg 12A.11.2.4; default is 0.99);

/STOP - stops command processing when overall success or failure is determined;

/SKIP - skips consideration of geometry qualifications for closeness to shell;

/LOG[:file] - logs full calculation details to file (default is OUTFLOW.LOG).

8. stavrou2000

to Paul Kotzebue....Hey man there is no run file for autohydro to do the outflow calculation.....on the other hand in the excel its not so easy...you have to do a lot of work before define the propabilidtic method....I think i wil try in the future to build a run file to do this specific job....

to petlily.....Following your post my friend this is not a formula...but just a routin...i want the heart of this routin.....

Thanks guys for your help...if you find anything further do not hesitate to contact me.....

Ps I want to say here that the autohydro have three basic disadvantages
    1. the FSM : All the classification society wants the maximum free surface moments for the subject tank...but autohydro compute the MAXFSM for the specific heel and trim....it is correct but its not the wanted fsm

2.Damage Stability for tankers : All others programmes like NAPA compute by its self all the possible compination of the damage cases.....In autohydro you must do that by the hand

3.Some times autohydro compute wrong the MAXVCG...i had serious problems with the Lloyds and DNV last year.....

I use Autoship 5 years and maxsurf 8 years...i think the first one is more programmatistic....compare with the maxsurf

Thats from me....
    Greetings from greece

9. Paul Kotzebue

Paul Kotzebue Previous Member

I also had problems with incorrect AutoHydro MAXVCG's. A few years back I discovered AutoHydro floodable length is not accurate either.

I have never had any problems with GHS.

I hope you are successful in creating a run file. Once you get it to work properly, you can use it over and over again. Hopefully it will be worth all the extra effort in the end.

10. jimmybm

jimmybm New Member

Ask run file of IMO weather and severe wind rolling

I would like to ask about run file in autohydro for IMO Weather Criteria (severe and wind rolling) and IMO MODU criteria about heeling moment..
    Please anyone help me to solve this matter

actually, i already develop run file for imo weather criteria and MODU,, please check this command

this is for IMO weather

`add limit criteria by IMO
    LIMIT OFF
    LIMIT TITLE IMO Weather Criteria
    limit residual ratio from roll to abs 50 or Fld > 1

roll imo

wind 100
    hmmt wind /const /gust:1.5
    solve

and this is for IMO MODU criteria

`add limit criteria by IMO
    LIMIT OFF
    LIMIT TITLE IMO MODU Criteria
    limit absolute ratio from 0 to ra0 or Fld > 1.4

roll imo

wind 100
    hmmt wind /const /gust:1.5
    solve

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.