1977 Crestliner Apollo Help

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by drillsar, Aug 5, 2007.

1. drillsar

drillsar New Member

I just got this boat and Im trying to figure out what to do, How do I measure stringers, etc. The stringers where out when I got this.

Does anyone have pics on how to replace a floor? I need help please. Also do I need to replace the transom?

[​IMG]

2. catman021

catman021 Junior Member

Does this look remotely familiar??

I have a, the paperwork says, '72 Crestliner....although now I'm looking at your pictures, I'm not so sure. My project was in worse shape than yours when I was 'given' a boat for free by friends. Now I'd never done a floor replacement or even owned a boat before, and feeling pretty handy thought I'd put in the sweat equity and have a decent boat at the outcome. As it stands, I'll have had it in the yard 2months, and the plan is to have it ready for the marine mechanics(wiring harness installation/initial starting) within the next two weeks. The floor/foam/bilge pump is replaced and while I won't say it was easy, I learned alot, it was time well spent, and overall a good experience. If I can help, let me know.

Attached Files:

3. wayout440

wayout440 New Member

crestliner floor

I did one, a 1976 Crestliner.... and without fiberglassing.
    Fiberglassing is potentially hazardous to your own health and others when all you have is the family garage and plenty of kids around. I had to find a better way.
    Check my web page at http://www.wideopenwest.com/~dkushman6571/
    Feel free to post reply or email me if you have any questions.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.