Help required for hull modeling in rhino

Discussion in 'Software' started by ruminame, Dec 15, 2009.

1. ruminame

ruminame Junior Member

I am new user of rhino.i did installed the plugin rhino marine but i dont knoe how to built a hull in rhino/
    if any can can help me by sending detail how to do it will be a great help for me.
    any kind of pdf tutorial or any thing will be a great help for me.step by step tutorial will be more appreciable.
    if any one can then plz help me.i am a student of Naval Architecture & it will be a great help for my Project.

2. DCockey

DCockey Senior Member

Questions

What type of hull?
    How much experience do you have with Rhino? If not much then a first start would be the tutorials?
    Have you talked to any of your fellow students? Instructor?

3. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

well,
    rhinomarine has only two wizard, planning hull and sailboat, put values in that wizard and will get an hull shape.rhinomarine is plugin mainly for hydrostatics calculation for a model done in rhino.
    so, learn rhino first, download level 1 and level 2 training guide from www.rhino3d.com ... then u will understand what to do next !

4. ruminame

ruminame Junior Member

@DCockey
    hull for a oil tanker.i am at beginner level in rhino.i searched a lot for tutorial. i didnot found any good one.they didnt do any good for me.CAN u upload some good tutorial for me???????????? some real good one.
    My instructor is too busy so he cant help me!!!!!!
    Bro if u can help then plz help me.i will be greatful to you.

5. ruminame

ruminame Junior Member

@zeroname
    vhaiya i am 06 batch of name department of buet.i have only two to three week left for my presentation. i did formed the hull in maxsurf.But i am new to the software rhino.THE main problem i am having is i dont know where to start.I did not found any good tutorial in net for rhino.So if u can help then plz hurry. i will be grateful for this.i also went to the website of rhino but didnot found any useful tutorial. If u have any good tutorial for building a hull shape in rhino then plz upload in the forum or mail me(ruminame_06@yahoo.com).
    Waiting for ur reply.

6. DavidJ

DavidJ Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.