Help requested... adding weight to keel

Discussion in 'Stability' started by New Penny, Jan 19, 2010.

1. souljour2000

souljour2000 Senior Member

I bet it was a great boat too...by the old photo.... before the previous owner decided to step on his own *ick and do a "spaceship" re-model by some guy in the employ of Jabba the Hutt....

2. tunnels

tunnels Previous Member

evaluation

There are times when you need to do some home work and weigh up you options , Why did they buy it in the first place ? If its not what they wanted get rid of it and move on . :p

Ok do the home work= by adding ? kgs of extra ballast is it going to fix the problem ? is it going to make the boat faster or slower or just make it stand up a little straighter in a blow ?
    How much is all this going to cost ?? add all these hassles together = ?? satisfaction ,! doubtful .
    It must be a pretty fast boat if you need another ? kgs of lead to slow it down !!!

A boat is a hole in the ocean that you keep pouring money into
    Sell it and buy another boat and dont waste you time !!!

3. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

All is speculation and irrelevant until New Penny returns with more details.

4. New Penny

New Penny New Member

Thanks to all the responders

I was out of town for the last few days, I will try to take some better pics and ask a well versed friend of mine how much the yacht's keel weighs

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.