Help Please ref. info on Al Reethes hydro

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by davisrf, Jun 27, 2010.

1. davisrf

davisrf New Member

Hi, I am well experienced with boats/motors but not with hydroplanes. i am loooking at a hydro that seller indicates is Al Reethes design. Any info you can give me about this design would be greatly appreciated. Length is about 11.5 ft. Weight is approx 110 pounds. Also wondering what class this would be and in that class, what is the range of HP or cubic inch engines allowed?? For a given size engine, would you know about what speed could be obtained?
    Thanks a lot for the help, Steve

2. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Check the American Powerboat association website. APBA-Racing.org That organization has all the information about things hydro and you may find some references to the subject builder there. If that builder is a known craftsman the racer people will know about him. If on the other hand the builder is a shade tree mechanic then you will have some clues about that too.

3. davisrf

davisrf New Member

Thanks very much for this info, Regards Steve

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.