Need source for Aluminum console/pilothouse style

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by clctrader, Apr 19, 2007.

1. clctrader

clctrader Junior Member

I was in the process of making a mold to do a full console, pilothouse style for my boat. But i was wondering if it would be better to just buy one already made. I have a 26' boat thats 10' wide center console. I want the boat mainly for fishing, night fishing, deep dropping and just straight up offshore fishing. So i wanted a full dry enclosure and not just a console and t top. I want something like the Towboats and coastguards have, like the blacklabmarine.com has. Here is a pic

http://store1.yimg.com/I/blacklabmarine_1947_5437588

MY QUESTION IS, does anyone offer something like this already made? either aluminum or fiberglass, i dont really care.

Any opinions or comments on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced for any help in the subject...

2. ted655

ted655 Senior Member

We have a man here who builds out of aluminium. Boats, consols, wheel houses, etc.
    Does good work, fair prices. The man "knows" boats. Another shop close by dors windows for most of the builders in area. They also do good work. South Louisiana is the aluminium ship building center. Here is where the talent & materials are.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.