help pkboatdesign gone

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by se wright, Jul 17, 2014.

1. se wright

se wright Junior Member

Spoke with paul and website gone for good. Any one have a copy of the 8 meter design i can obtain just got wife talked into project now no design HELP

2. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

That's sad. I know he'd not added any more to his build journal in a while. Since you spoke with him, is he okay?

3. se wright

se wright Junior Member

pk 8 meter

Yes he sounded ok. Just getting out of yachts. Do u know of anyone that might have his 8 meter design?

4. CloudDiver

CloudDiver Senior Member

I spoke to him a few weeks ago, he did not sound like a happy camper. I don't know him personally to begin with but it sounded like he might have been having financial issues. I wanted to see about a modification to one of his designs, a lifting keel... and in the future having him design another boat for me. I offered to pay him for the keel modification obviously, but he siad he wouldn't do that because he makes more money from advertising on the website than he has ever made at boat designs. He also told me he would charge about $50K to design any new boat (my 50 Ft cruising sloop). I dunno, he came off pretty rude or maybe just in distress. I wanted to build the 28 ft Double Ender, K5M. I have the K5M, K6M, and K6MR plans saved if anyone needs them.

5. se wright

se wright Junior Member

Thank you. When i spoke with him he did not sound happy. How can i get copy' s of the k-6m and k-6mr design you have. I have been in a funk for the last few days since the site went down. I was going to down load the day it went down and that's after a week of talking my wife into letting me build another boat . This was going to be my birthday present for the next several years
    Hope to hear for you soon

6. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

CloudDiver ... because of what he'd said about making more money from the ads (when he was giving away the plans) that sounds like discouragement to me. Maybe he'd hope to drive a professional business with freebies ... but I don't recall getting that vibe from his blog and it seemed like it was his passion. But then again maybe he had possibly come to feel unappreciated for all the work he'd put into what he provided? It's easy (and not unreasonable) to hope for a more positive response, or at least more frequent responses, I guess.

7. CloudDiver

CloudDiver Senior Member

PM me your email address and I'll send you what I have. If it was really the 8 meter you wanted to build I would keep my ear to the ground, I'm sure someone out there has a copy of it.

8. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

9. Jammer Six

Jammer Six Previous Member

Nope. It says it doesn't have the plan pages archived.

10. se wright

se wright Junior Member

pk 8 meter

Rats foiled again. But we push on. Thanks for trying

11. Jammer Six

I'm interested in the plans for a 15 square meter yacht, or perhaps even smaller. Vixen is exactly what I'm after.

I haven't been able to find a source for Skerry yachts or Skerry Cruisers, either free or for sale. I've read that the Skerry Associations sell them, but that does not appear to be true to me.

12. se wright

se wright Junior Member

pk 8 meter

CloudDiver let me know if u got email.

13. Jammer Six

I try not to think about a true, wooden 10 square meter yacht. If I start thinking about that, particularly in the afternoon, the sun comes up and interrupts my train of thought.

14. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

I'm working on the basis that what you want is the K8500. It seems to be there save piping and wiring diagrams.

15. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Senior Member

The K-8M, which is a much bigger boat at nearly 48' long, is MIA if that was what you wanted.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.