need help with bech cat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jaydee, Jan 16, 2008.

1. jaydee

jaydee Junior Member

need help with beach cat

I am trying to design a beach cat and want to know if im going in the rights direction.
    im not trying to design something to break records just a nice looking beach cat, here is where im up to so far
    im using rhino 4
    any information would be a help

cheers
    Jaydee

Attached Files:

• cat.3dm
      cat.3dm
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  2. Trevlyns

Trevlyns Senior Citizen/Member

Sorry Jaydee, my computer won’t read your file. I’m old school – I still design with paper and pencil ;) But the starting point of any design is to compare it with what else is out there.

Beach cats? Look at the Hobies, Prindles (sorry, don’t know any more – but you do!)

What are you trying to achieve? All designs are variations on a theme. How does yours differ, is it within the design parameters of the others in the beach cat class? Why would I buy yours instead of the others…?

Define what makes your boat unique then just GO DO IT!!

3. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

When I open the file in my 3D viewer I get duplicated boats. Not sure if it is your file or my viewer.

Shape looks good.

Rick W.

4. jaydee

jaydee Junior Member

re

yes there is 2 boats in the file, I tend to copy the boat when i am about to make some changes rather than saving it as a seperate file because if the changes don't look nice i can go back to the other boat and carry on from where i was before

thanks
    Jaydee

5. Guest625101138

Guest625101138 Previous Member

The CAD programs I have used have an undo function with slectable undo memory. So no need to keep two copies. Just go back to where I was happy. Is better than getting confused and working on the wrong object.

Rick W.

6. jaydee

jaydee Junior Member

re

old habits die hard

Jaydee

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.