HELP! Needed Cheap Impellor for PP Jet

Discussion in 'Jet Drives' started by mercedes, Jul 14, 2009.

1. mercedes

mercedes New Member

I have a PP jet on my fonda 14'6 I need a new or second hand impellor for it the engine produces around 110bhp any ideas where I can get a cheap one? Thx. for any help

2. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

You say 110 hp; at what rpms? And which PP? They are numbered according to inlet diameter; type 65 is 6,5 inch dia, 90 is 9,0 aso. Is your old one totally wrecked, ie a substantial part of blading missing or so? Otherwise, they are repairable. I have som 90 ies on the shelf here.

For new spares, contact Vosper Thornycroft, Mr Brent Voce, +44 2392 5397 50.

3. mercedes

mercedes New Member

My pp jet is a 65 with 110 bhp at 5500 rpm.What i need is a larger impeller the engine is over revving and needs a larger impeller.The one i have is a 573,i think i need a 482. Would it be possible to exchange plus any cash difference.

4. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

Sorry, no 65 impellers here. But if you can't localize any in GB, the one you have may be repitched. First check that there is nothing choking the inlet (plastic bags on grating, condomes on leading edges, nylon stockings around the shaft.......), plus check tip clearance. You run a gas engine I guess, what max revs (and what boat speed) d'yo get now?

5. anthony goodson

anthony goodson Senior Member

Also check for air leaks around transom seal and handhole cover,
    Swedish boating sounds far more colourful than it is here ,doesn't it

6. baeckmo

baeckmo Hydrodynamics

You'd be surprised to see what comes drifting to our waters with the west winds from, well you know where......

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.