Autoship to Autohydro - How to create a working .gf1

Discussion in 'Software' started by nikkos5, Feb 10, 2011.

1. nikkos5

nikkos5 Junior Member

Hello everybody!

I'm working on my final project in order to get my degree, I'm working on a fishing boat (L=15m) made of glass fibre reinforced polyester. I'm using Autoship software and now I'm trying to get a working .gf1 file and I just don't seem to get it right. First I cloned the starboard section to build an enclosed volume but this didn't work and I'm trying many little things but it doesn't work. I attach the autoship file, so maybe one of the naval software gurus out there can help me solve this one. Thanks for everything!!

Attached Files:

2. nikkos5

nikkos5 Junior Member

PS: I keep getting this error message:

Error: (H32742) Invalid model: Negative section area at -7,320 on Part/Comp HULL/CASCO

3. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

4. nikkos5

nikkos5 Junior Member

Thank you so much again Zeroname. Yes, it seems to work fine, I'll check it tomorrow more thoroughly, however please tell me what the problem was or how you made it work I really would like to learn to do this stuff and trully understand how it works. Thanks for everything!

5. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

nothing special, i just opened your model in my 9.2 version and select the group and export. that works , no error .

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.