Info on 33ft catamaran "RUSH"

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by att2tude, May 19, 2010.

1. att2tude

att2tude Junior Member

I'm looking for info on the catamaran Rush built early 1980's in Cairns. thanks

2. alan white

alan white Senior Member

3. Richard Woods

Richard Woods Woods Designs

It is a Crowther 33 owned by Alan Morris. He sailed it round the world, arriving back in Australia last year. I sailed with him across the Atlantic in 2006-7. So you can see something about it on my website

He also features regularly in Australian Multihull World magazine.

Currently Alan is touring Europe, I guess his boat is in the Pittwater area?? He sailed round Tasmania last summer(winter)

Hope that helps

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

www.sailingcatamarans.com

4. JBU

JBU New Member

Rush 33 Catamaran

Richard, its definately not.
    The Rush 33 is a sheer Daysailor, made first in Mallorca, and later from a chinese company.
    I have seen lots of them operating / Daychartering in Spain, especially in Alicante, Valencia Mallorca and Ibiza.

It seems so, that they were not very successful in the daycharter business, so the web site of the latest chinese builder has disappeared.
    I have seen at least 2 Bots for sale in Spain.

But its anyway an interesting design made for fast and uncomfortable passages for the minimalists ;-)

Therefore, gentlemen, please find information attached.

regards

JBU
    Valencia/Spain

Attached Files:

5. catsketcher

catsketcher Senior Member

She definitely is

Hey Richard we agree AGAIN!

Yeah Rush was built in Cairns in the early 80s. She was one of the first Crowther 10s with fuller hulls for increased payload. More modern shape rather than the Spindrift like early C 10s.

On her delivery voyage when Alan bought her she split the gunwale to deck join and sank a hull. Sadly with the loss of life. The important thing to remember here is that she had no interior furniture at the time and as such the sides were unsupported.

I got to know her a little when she was being slowly (but well) repaired on the NSW north coast. The guy who did the repairs did a great job and she as probably one of the better C 10s when she left.

Alan then did a circum in her so she obviously has great integrity.

C 10s are a good boat and for a bloke without enormous amounts of money are a good choice. My mum had a sistership to Rush for about 10 years which I sailed on up and down the coast before I made my own cat.

cheers

Phil

6. att2tude

att2tude Junior Member

33 ft "RUSH"

Tanks all for the info. Much appriciated.

7. att2tude

att2tude Junior Member

33 ft "RUSH"

Thanks all for the info. Much appriciated.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.