Help make waterbird?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by quangtruc106, Oct 7, 2010.

1. quangtruc106

quangtruc106 New Member

Dear everyone!
    I am an Engineering science student doing my fifth year at Technology University in Vietnam. Part of our studies involves a final year project, and I have selected one on building a water craft similar in principle to the waterbird. Part of this project will primarily involve modelling this craft, how it works, simulation operation, structure analysis. Ultimately we will build a full size craft and test the design. However, some problems in structure and operating priciples which i don't understand, such as:
    - Properties spring?
    - Why they choose NACA 63-412?
    - time of a cycle action (jump down--> jump up) and amplitude ( only consider rear wing)?
    - properties aluminium used?

Please answer some question?
    Capacity of English is bad. So, I don't clearly describle my desires. I hope you will sympathize.

Very thanks! I hope you will answer in short time!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.