Help in Software development

Discussion in 'Software' started by b1ck0, Mar 2, 2010.

1. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Hi, I am a student in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. Right now, I am trying to develope an application that calculates the hydrodynamic ( inertial and damping ) forces, that interact with the ship. I have interpolated the curves of Salkaev, and I have successfuly interpolated them to 6-th order polynoms. So far my application is calculating the dimentionless coefficients Lambda ( 22, 33, 24, 44 ) but I have problems in "giving them a dimension" and in integrating them for the lenght of the ship. If anyone can help, please ! :)

I want to appology for my bad English, but it's not my native language.

2. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Hi again ... I've developed the application to a state, witch I can calculate added mass and damping coefficient in Heave motion. Please check my results.
    http://88.213.199.107/Ship Dynamics/

3. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

4. LyndonJ

LyndonJ Senior Member

What are the curves of Salkaev ? I couldn't find reference to them ?

5. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

First Haskind has offered an analitical equations for the hydrodynamic forces. After that Salkaev solved the equations and represend the solution in a graphic form. The coefficient that you will get from the graph is dimensionless, after that you have to give it a dimension by multipling it with your ship dimensions. These curves that I upload are only for heave motion ... there are a lot of curves for Roll, Pitch and Pitch-Heave motions, there are curves for damping coefficients too ...

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.