DelftShip: Environment mapping

Discussion in 'Software' started by midnitmike, Jan 15, 2013.

1. midnitmike

midnitmike Senior Member

I would like to view my hull designs in DelftShip using custom textures, but so far I haven't been able to create a surface with the same light reflectivity as the stock selections. It does little good to load a jpg when all you end up with is a flat matte finish. Can anyone explain how to create a suitable texture that gives me a bit of "shine" like a new gelcoat surface?

MM

2. midnitmike

midnitmike Senior Member

Answered

I may have found the answer to my question.

I first extracted the Aluminum.jpeg from the DelftShip.exe file and used it to create suitable variations...lighter, darker, blurred and enhanced. These new versions gave me not only the reflective qualities I was looking for but allowed me to fine tune the surface texture and color I was after.

MM

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.