Help Identifying military 36 foot inverted V hull

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Argonaut, Feb 24, 2005.

1. DogCavalry

DogCavalry Senior Member

Sorry Pete. Nothing heard so far.

2. PeteUK

PeteUK Junior Member

Thanks, I keep checking but not seen anything yet. I'd love to reach out to the original poster 'Argonaut' to find out about the hull he bought, I have searched for years to try and find some way of contacting him but to no avail unfortunatly. I will continue my quest......

3. DogCavalry

DogCavalry Senior Member

He reported a number on the hull. Would that number show up in any legal system. Coast guard registration etc?

4. PeteUK

PeteUK Junior Member

Thats a very good point!! I never thought of that, I guess thats ok if he's registered it somewhere but thanks for the idea I will definitely look into it. My concern is that as the hull is aluminium me may have sold it for scrap, afterall it ws 15 year ago. I'll get on Google now!

5. DogCavalry

DogCavalry Senior Member

I really hope not. I'd gladly pay far more than scrap value for that hull.

6. PeteUK

PeteUK Junior Member

I feel exactly the same way, its worth far more than scrap value! Only 10 of them made and that was probably the only one left.

DogCavalry likes this.
  7. DogCavalry

DogCavalry Senior Member

Historical value aside, that's a welded aluminum Hickman sea sled. Just for aluminum plate and argon, probably $60000, not including labor. I'm spending a year to make my own, only 26', strip plank composite.

8. PeteUK

PeteUK Junior Member

Well the original DOD contract with Atlantic Research Corp to supply the 10 craft back in 1968 was around $465.000. Good luck with your one, hopefully quite a bit cheaper too!

DogCavalry likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.