1973 ceebee avenger....

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by gettinwet, Jul 24, 2009.

1. gettinwet

gettinwet New Member

i have a 16 foot 1973 ceebee avenger outboard model...wow what a tough boat to get any info on?...the boat has been in my family since 1976...has been in my dads barn since 1990...floor is out and boat has been covered as well...going to stick with 2 stroke....the plate says 90hp rating...was wondering if i could get away with anymore hp?...like maybe a 115? it will be getting all new steering, engine controls, interior,"leaning towards bloster seats in front and a nice bench in the rear" maybe some padded combing pads on the sides as well...going to keep the origional colors...offwhite topsides and hull with the rootbeer brown metalflake gunnels...any info anyone has will be awesome!!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.