Ocean Jet Boat?

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by oliverpatterson, Apr 6, 2020.

1. oliverpatterson

oliverpatterson New Member

The link is to the Ocean Jet Boat operating on the Gold Coast in Australia.

High Speed Jet Boating Gold Coast - Ocean Jet Boating https://www.oceanjetboating.com/

Ok so i am wondering who designed and built this boat? Is it a modified production boat or a completely custom build? If it is a custom build does anyone have any idea who could design/build a similar or better craft?

All the website says is it is powered by 2 Mercruiser 350 V8 engines and Hamilton jet drives. I assume its a alloy hull, but i have no experience in jet boats their design or manufacture. I live in the UK and it seems most manufactures are in New Zealand?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

3. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

drop them an e-mail and ask them what the boat is, they won't be in business at the moment though, with the COVID restrictions in force.

4. oliverpatterson

5. bajansailor

bajansailor Marine Surveyor

Hi Oliver, do you think that the Ocean Jet boat was built by the Hel-A-Va folk?
    They do look rather similar.
    Re identifying it, I just did some googling for jet boat builders in Australia and New Zealand.

6. oliverpatterson

They do look very similar! I have emailed Hel-A-Va to ask them for a quote on building a similar or better craft.

7. kitto

kitto Junior Member

Hi Oliver

We are a NZ design firm with plenty of experience in Jet boating and custom design. Feel free to contact me if you get stuck.

kit@kitcarlierdesign.com

Thanks
    Kit

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.