Help, History of an obscure riveted runabout.

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by sorefeet, Oct 25, 2011.

1. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Just give him negative feedback and he won't be here for long. After just on 20 years on the net I don't see any reason to put up with ********s like this, that's what usenet is for.

PDW

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Sorefeet's ignorance of history is staggering. George Wasington fought against British troops many years before the US Constitution was written. Also, he was British. Covering stupidity with ignorance to prove a point exposes his personality.

3. sorefeet

sorefeet Junior Member

Bang!
    Down goes another one.
    Say what you want, I aint' leaving.
    Sincerely,

4. pdwiley

pdwiley Senior Member

Saying that demonstrates that you don't know how this forum works. Accumulate enough negative reputation and I assure you that you *will* be leaving.

PDW

5. sorefeet

sorefeet Junior Member

Anyone ready to talk boats instead of sigs?
    Sincerely,

6. sorefeet

sorefeet Junior Member

Talking about boats is what I'm about, you? Show yourself, all who want to rant about a sig, rant all you want you are being ignored by me and I do not care what you have to say. I'm not leaving.
    The sig will change from time to time, it already has, so get over it. Boats?
    Sincerely,

7. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Yes, there are a few in the thread allready, but there wasn't a single response from you to that so far...

Cheers,
    Angel

8. Angélique

I don't agree with that. If one is free to post political slogans here in public then others are free to response to that here in public as well. It's Sorefeet himself who chooses to drag this off topic...

Cheers,
    Angel

9. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

The subject of the thread he started was "the history of an obscure riveted runabout," not "what do you think of my signature?"

I think folks should have ignored that signature, instead of taking the bait.

10. Angélique

It seems you overlooked this part...

‘‘ If one is free to post political slogans here in public then others are free to response to that here in public as well. It's Sorefeet himself who chooses to drag this off topic... ’’

I think they could have ignored the signature, if they should is up to themselfs. It is Sorefeet who chooses to distract . . . .

Cheers,
    Angel

11. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

I'm reading backwards thru the thread, so I may be a little out of order in my responses. But what's hypocritical about opposing illegal immigration and owning a Subaru?

Believe it or not, people can believe a country has the right to control who moves into it, without hating all foreign people and the cars they make...

Many of the countries represented by members on this forum are having their own problems with illegal immigration. And I don't know of a country that has a blanket open-door policy, where anyone and everyone can legally stroll right in and make themselves comfortable, without even announcing their presence -- much less getting permission.

12. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Now this is getting out of hand and it seems small things amuses small minds:mad:

A signature is just that - can be entertaining, educational, insulting (depending on your point of view). Troy makes a lot of sense and praise your joys you do not live in a crappy country South Africa like myself and others filled with corruption, terrorists as presidents or at least a requisite to become a minister, racism to such an extent where chants are sung daily like "kill the farmer, kill the boer" (meaning kill the whites), affirmative action against race, country filled with illegal immigrants taking jobs and running murderous crime sprees, half of Nigeria illegally her with their druglords and prostitution pimps etc and the list is endless.
    Suddenly the signature that started this revolt makes a lot of sense when in my position....

Please, if you have not lived in SA for the last 50 years and cannot pronounce apartheid correctly, keep your views for yourself because the best players are in the pavilions watching the games...

That said, lets get back to boating as Jeff has also suggested early in the thread. Finally, Sorefeet, please stop mocking people and contribute in a useful and constructive way.

13. Angélique

Wrong reading Troy, it wasn't about the first sig but about his political satements in general, you might have "missed" some as several has passed as he confirms here...

Cheers,
    Angel

14. Angélique

Here are the on topic responses so far, and not one of them got a on topic responce from Sorefeet . . . .

Cheers,
    Angel

15. Angélique

Yes, but why discussing that here where it's off topic :confused:

Cheers,
    Angel

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.