Help, History of an obscure riveted runabout.

Discussion in 'Metal Boat Building' started by sorefeet, Oct 25, 2011.

1. sorefeet

sorefeet Junior Member

Thanks for ALL the "help."
    Sincerely,
    Troy

2. troy2000

troy2000 Senior Member

Is this the boatdesign.net forum, or the illegalaliens.net forum?

I happen to be sympathetic towards the modern wave of illegal immigrants. Had I been born in some third-world cesspool, I hope I'd do whatever it takes to get my family to the US, and have a clear conscience about it. Having grown up in Southern California, and having been around construction most of my life, I've known my share of illegals -- and as a group, they strike me as hardworking family folks.

It's also a fact that historically, a good part of this country's prosperity in the past was driven by the availability of cheap immigrant labor. The difference between today's wetbacks and previous generations of Irish, Italian, Polish, and other immigrants is that meanwhile we've passed a law -- which is mostly ignored by those capitalists who still want cheap labor.

On the other hand, the law is the law. And it's true that unrestrained and uncontrolled immigration strains the legal, financial and social fabric in a lot of ways. It's also true that 'undocumented immigrants' has been heavily promoted as a neutral-sounding euphemism for 'illegal aliens' -- which happens to be the proper legal term for people who sneak into the country. So I don't see anything productive about calling someone who points that out a bigot.

What say we get back to the topic of an interesting boat, instead of freaking out over a signature?

3. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

Amen...

As said before, looks like your boat has a story to tell and I look forward hearing it :)

4. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Opening poster has an interesting boat, but alas he's an hypocrite. He makes a political statement in his signature and when someone disagrees he complains about no free speech. Which means everyone should agree with the signature or at least keep his mouth shut as he sees disagreement with it as a limitation of his freedom of speech. He chooses to keep on posting a political statement as signature and everyone who disagrees should shut up . . . . :confused:

Whether I agree or disagree with the signature I can't say as it keeps changing and I didn't see the first one, it's OT here anyway . . . . :p

Cheers,
    Angel

5. Angélique

Well opening poster wasn't able to take the hint as he keeps on posting a political slogan as signature on a boat design forum . . . :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Angel

6. Angélique

Oh well, you have "sore feet", I guess that's because of long toes . . . :p

Of course you're only allowed to step on other one's toes, contradiction with your statements is prohibited . . . . :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Angel

7. Angélique

Ah... Sorfeet, I see you posted the question also here and here.

Good signature you have there... ‘‘ Tact: The art of saying nothing when there is nothing to say. ’’

Live it...

Cheers,
    Angel

P.S. - Last link is a good read for Gonzo & Daiquiri . . . ;)

8. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Yeah, interesting how he complains about this forum in another one.

9. Angélique

Vintage Aluminum & Fiberglass Runabout Book - A Guide to Identifying, Buying and Equipping.

[​IMG]

For stock check them all . . . ;)

Cheers,
    Angel

10. Angélique

Sorefeet, with political statements like yours I would suspect an American Clasic in front of that boat instead of an old Subaru.

A bit hypocritical isn't it :p, your mouth isn't covered by your deeds . . . . :p

[​IMG]
    click to enlarge
    - - (from post#1)

The word "first" here made me laugh as you could buy this one 19 years earlier.

May I suggest an AMC Eagle Wagon as tow car to you, also 4x4 standaard of course...

[​IMG]

Thanks to the Eagle's Nest & the Eagle Web for the pics and links [​IMG] - - - - - - (except the first one :p)

Cheers,
    Angel

11. Angélique

So why not go to an political forum for that and keep this one on topic . . :confused:

Looks like we can expect more of those nice guys here . . . :rolleyes:
    So now we know where the sig is meant for :idea:

Btw, that was before my postings here so I guess I'm now on the list too . . . . :p

Cheers,
    Angel

12. sorefeet

sorefeet Junior Member

This Forum and Ideas.

The responses to the question I asked about the boat are like...well you know, everyone has one and most of them stink.

Oh my, there is a Mata Hari on the case, I should be affraid because of the WORDS I HAVE WRITTEN?
    Scared I am............NOT!
    You folks don't know me, yet you judge me, what a sorry hobby!

13. Angélique

Nowhere anything like that is written in this thread so far, nobody has a problem with your boat but by dragging this off topic yourself you've overlooked the on topic responses . . . . :p

That I've read nowhere in this thread, it's your own interpretation or imagination . . . . ;)

There is only an expression of opinion about your words and deeds as exposed by you in this topic :idea:

Cheers,
    Angel

14. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Well, sorefeet, at least you have changed the citation in your signature.

As about your boat - it looks like you are not interested into that topic anymore since all your posts after the first one are either deriding the (few, true) boat-related replies you've got so far, or are just random aggressive ranting.

So, good luck with this thread. I'm out.

15. sorefeet

sorefeet Junior Member

Howdy,
    I love the "IGNORE LIST" on this site.
    Sincerely,
    Troy :p

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.