help finding hull design 1936 trawler?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by 63rustbucket, Feb 19, 2009.

1. 63rustbucket

63rustbucket New Member

Hi there, I am hoping that someone can help me the hull design of the boat. I have some general information from the registration but no history and any help would be apreciated.

The boat was built for the british in 1936 at the stanly park shipyard, it is described as a "wood cabin cruiser" . she is 39.9 feet under the bow sprite, and I am not sure of the draft which looks to be around 4 feet.

If anyone knows any idea if this is a design or maybe a converted trawler design, I have been told it was a mission boat but can not find any information online.

All help is apreciated as I am completely refitting the boat.
    Thanks
    huron.jpg

2. Tad

Tad Boat Designer

Somewhere in the boat is a number carved into a deck beam. That's the best clue to her real history, take that number to the Ship's Registry office (probably Vancouver) and find the old records (Blue Book). Don't take seriously what someone on the dock says.

Did that boat come from Nanaimo? Belonged to a old fella named Stan?

It's very unlikely you'll find drawings as there probably weren't any.

Good luck!

3. 63rustbucket

63rustbucket New Member

Thanks Tad, its like you have been on the boat it does have some numbers carved onto the deck beam, was thinking the registration number would have been enough. That is a great lead thanks.

Was not hoping for drawing more interested in the designer if there were any at all, maybe just a trawler.

From what I can tell the boat was bought in naniamo @2002 she is pretty rare have not seen anything like her yet. Never really been finnished inside so she is a clean slate

When I got her she was half submerged and neglected but she is well built just needs some TLC.

Thanks again for your reply
    Bob

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.