Help extending?

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by Matt.D, Nov 20, 2007.

1. masalai

masalai masalai

'cause I'm bored too, temp here is 26, wind SSE at 19kmh and passing showers.

Good sailing weather as seas are still slight, but no one is out there yet??

2. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

we're only worried bout drinking weather,,not sailing,,,,,,i hate boats, make me sea sick ;)

3. masalai

masalai masalai

Perfect drinking weather, a need to keep the insides at equilibrium with the outside, which is raining a lot now so... DRINK UP lads.

4. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

i think we got us a new stalker:p

5. masalai

masalai masalai

The ghost who walks and never dies is not a myth

6. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

7. masalai

masalai masalai

No one is around. All must be boosing, busy, boating or bonking?

8. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Oh, man – try making the window narrower than this page, and reread this (same) page. It's uncanny how muh theone resembles longliner. I just had to mention it – especially since I asked theone if he was indeed longliner when he (theone) was new here. Seriously, have you considered if you might be each other's long lost twin?

9. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

Oh, I actually meant page two – that's how it goes when you enter a thread from mail.app :-(

1 person likes this.
  10. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

There was a time when I thought there was a "proper" time to drink, but then I started doing yacht deliveries and things changed. This may have been about the time my picture appeared in a newspaper (front page no less). The caption read "forlorn sailor waiting for tide" and the picture was me, sitting on the high side rail, of a 35' old IOR work horse, who's draft was a wee bit more then the bar in the middle of Marco River. It was 7 am and I had earned the beer I hand in my hand. The light was just perfect for a wonderful picture, with sweet long shadows of the Jolly bridge in the background. I'd spent the last few hours trying to get off that damned, unmarked (at the time) bar. I saw the butt head who took the picture and even raised the beer in salute, but he didn't get it. It would have made a better shot.

Since, I've discovered there isn't anytime when drinking isn't proper. I do have to admit I generally try not to interrupt the pastor's sermon, with the "swissst" of a freshly opened beer, so I've resorted to opening before I sit in the pew, of course out of respect for his station.

They've gotten a little pissy about bringing an open beer into the grocery anymore, so my usual fall back is to open the nice ice cold ones they have in the beer case. I often make a race out of the mundane task of getting bread and milk, by seeing how many beers I can drink before getting the checkout line.

While just the other day, I was in one of those big box stores that sell everything and their garden section was a wonderful place to sit under, a yet to be planted 15' palm tree and enjoy a cold one. It was quite good until the security guard got all bent out of shape, likely because I didn't have enough "for the rest of the class" . . .

1 person likes this.
  11. masalai

masalai masalai

Par, How do you do it? That was entirely ON TOPIC. Points coming! Gave some to Danish & still wouldnt let me??? Danish please give PAR a point for me.

12. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

the only point i can add is,,,man drinking in the garden section makes ya end up in the plumbing section. and how do i get to that point?,,,,,Par has me laughing so darn hard i'm crying my eyes out,,,and crossing my legs cause i gotta P but cant walk cuase of laughter and Pain hahahaha,,,,,and if longy is my twin i think he owes me money,,,,cause dear ole dad never sent the child support this way heh ;)

13. DanishBagger

DanishBagger Never Again

I wanted to, Masalai, but it's telling me to spread some reputation around before I can give it to PAR again. Sorry.

14. longliner45

longliner45 Senior Member

trust me on this one guys ,,nobody want to be my twin,,this world aint big enough for another jerk like me ,,be carefull during the holidays guys and ladys,,as so my omnimos nature ,,watch your backs ,,thiefs are desperate now more than ever ,,,had to chain my mast down ,someone tried to carry it off ,but it was too heavy ,,they dont know how lucky they were ,,but good tiedings to all ...longliner

15. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

so if they think your a big jerk long,,,,and say im your twin,,,HEY!!!!! wait a minute,,,i think these guys think im a big jerk too,,,hehehe well,,, i guess "jerk" is an actual compliment,,,,cause everyone that knows me calls me a WAY different name ;) ,, well least we know our efforts are "appreciated" heh
    kk guys,, i just want to add be careful of us drinkers this season,, dont do the driving thingy if ya drinking,,,just jump on ya boat and LEAVE it tied up ;) i dont want nothing to happen to you guys,,its hard to find people that dont run away after our first "jerk" comments,,,,i dont luv you guys,,,but i would sure miss ya...HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAYS

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.