Help : Emperical Formula of Prismatic Coefficient for Catamarans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Laranjo123, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Laranjo123

Laranjo123 Previous Member

First of all folks. If you think you can't answer me or you just can't understand me. You have your own will. Second i came here not to waste someones time. I came here to ask a question. That you folks might know some answer. If you are being baffled then don't answer. Simple as that. If you keep on posting then it's ok i don't own this forum. And i don't own your time as well. And if you think you are wasting your time with me here....Then just leave this post. Maybe someone might know the answer.

And i thank all of you who took a peek at my post. Eventhough it turns out really bad.
    And i really like Alik's Sheets good-share bro

2. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost Senior Member

Let me try to translate:

Laranjo123: "This example formula is applicable to all type of ships"
    wants a formula similarly universal

TANSL: No, limits need to be specified
    "for the type of boats it is valid for and what margins between lengths and speeds can be applied"
    example shows example formula is not accurate for all cases.

The single formula you want doesn't exist.
    I hope I have possibly conveyed the meaning. Sorry if I have not helped.

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Dear friend Laranjo123, it is clear that I made a mistake in applying your formula. Here are my apologies : Someone like me, who is asking rigor in the responses, should not make these mistakes. Sorry
    As it is also clear that you will not drop your face in shame (This is a spanish expression, I do not know if it makes sense in English. It means you do not care to say or do something wrong.) to minimize the importance of the error in the calculation of Cb (0.95 to 0.869), I decided not to listen to you anymore. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    So, allow me, please, to make you three suggestions:
    - Try to learn a bit, naval architecture is beautiful. before asking, in such absurd way, for help.
    - If you're wrong, admit it.
    - Be humble and sincere.
    Best Regards.
    (Thanks for trying, Grey Ghost)

4. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Dear Laranjo123, you kept your word and made your parents happy. If NA career path makes you happy stay on it. If it does not make you happy and you are happier being computer scientist, follow that course of study. Both disciplines could reinforce each other's value to you.
    Some wise person once said, "To thine own self be true."
    Whatever the outcome, we respect you for the efforts and accomplishments you have made.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.