help about hydromax and workshop

Discussion in 'Software' started by zeroname, Oct 7, 2008.

1. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

hy

i am student of naval architect. i am working on a project in my university on designing 100 TEU container ship. i have produced HULL in maxsurf. now going to use hydromax for stability calculation and workshop for structure. i like to mention i am learning that two module and cant use well yet.

Regarding Hydromax, can any one provide me a Loadcase template that i can use ? actually i dont know which terms i will include in loadcase , so template may help me.

regarding workshop , i am drawing midship section in autocad, can it be produced exactly in workshop? i am learning from manual , and watching the sample ws design. can any one provide me sample container ship design in workshop?

Thanks
    NP: If any one give me his mail address , i can contact him directly.

2. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

hy

no one use hydromax or workshop?? or none works with large ship?

3. CTMD

CTMD Naval Architect

Hydromax.

If you go into loadcase and click "new" then a template will pop up. You need to add.

Lightship
    Fuel tanks (assuming you haven't defined tanks as compartments)
    Water tanks (as above)
    Stores
    Crew
    Pax
    Cargo
    Misc.

Workshop. when you installed maxsurf a heap of sample designs should have been added to your system, one of these should do the job. With regards to the midship section if you generate frames stringers etc you will be able to export a midship frame. You will however have to tickle it up in autocad (or similar) to produce the final drawing.

4. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

thanks man..
    i am trying..

5. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

maxsurf training manual

hy

can any one give me Maxsurf , hydromax, workshop training manual? i am not looking for the manual that comes with the software.. is it possible to get?

is there any extra manual like rhinoceros provide such as Rhino Level 1 training manual...

pm me or please mail me.. thanks

6. Crag Cay

Crag Cay Senior Member

There's lots of help tutorials and master classes on the website.

7. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

hy

i was going to view the training section on maxsurf website for Hydromax and Workshop .. but it says "You do not have sufficient privileges to access this page." can anyone share with me with the advance training manual with tutorial? i have read out the manual but i think training manual will help me more.. please mail me if u can help me

smithjohn34@ymail.com

thanks

8. pavel915

pavel915 Senior Member

@zeromarine,
    i think something like template is not necessary.
    Just do the following:
    after lowding the maxsurf file, Simply click on the loadcase window and press Ctral+N . then options filling the load case will open. In the light ship line , put quantity =1 , put the lightship in "weight tonne" menu; put the LCG in "long arm" , put the vcg in "vert arm", zero in "trans arm" keep other things untouched.
    One think you have to chek, it is- where is your zero point ? zero point is seen in the view window. You can change the zero point by going to Display>zero point

NO; workshop can not produce full midship section drawing; you can only prepare the frames. After exporting the frames to autocad; you can make your midship section drawing complete.

9. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

help

hy

i am done the midship drawing in autocad and also did the calculation following GL rulebook. now, how i can produce this using workshop? i am new and already read the manual. but tell me how i can put the manning hole , lightening hole in the right position and right dimension as i calculated, is it possible to do exactly that i have drawn in autocad?

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

10. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

no one to answer? i have another simple question.. as we know ,, the webframe is T-shape and ordinary frame is L-shape , how i can define it in workshop?

11. ekamarine

ekamarine Junior Member

for hydromax;
    After opening your model, click the input window and select "new" from file menu. You need to define the compartments such as cargo area, tanks etc. Is is quite easy, you just need to enter all fore and aft point datas of the compartments. For the last step of compartment definitions, find the "update tank values" button to trim and give the the compartments their final body shape.
    Next step is the loadcase. First of all, click the loadcase window and select "new" from file menu. We have the lightship and all compartments in the list. All you need to the is entering the tonnage and center of mass inputs for each load. For the ones you define in the compartment definition step, center of mass is calculated by Hydromax. (If it's get too complicated, you can create headlines for similar loads. Just check the Hydromax manual)
    I hope this is helpful. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

12. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

i have overcome the problem with hydromax.. now its with workshop as i mention before

thanks

13. steelpoe

steelpoe Ship researcher

zeroname; go throug the manual properly; i think how to select L or T section is a matter of learning in 5 minute if you go throug the manual properly. Work hard with manual first then ask questions here.

14. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

i read that manual before i post my ques... my question was not that how to select L or T in general ... i can sse L or T or other shape can be defined in workshop only for stringers .. but i want to know how i can give the frame shape as T or L to define frames as web frame and main frame ( ordinary frame) .

15. Nabil

Nabil New Member

in workshop , when working with frames , you have not much possibilities for drowing frames , the thikness is the same for the whole frames , and also for drowing the L or t use the ridder bar menuin the frame definition window

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.