HELP!!!! 1986 Ranger 370v Restore

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by mwsBlake, Jan 24, 2014.

1. mwsBlake

mwsBlake New Member

I have a 1986 Ranger 370v. I am looking to replace all of the gauges. Can anyone tell me where I can buy these at? It would be much appreciated!

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum.

The gauges you have are likely no longer made, in the exact model, though replacements certainly are. There are several companies that make gauge replacements and several vendors that supply them. Your best pricing will be online, considering your location. The first thing you need to do is identify the gauges (Teleflex?) and then stop over at www.oldboatgauges.com and see if you can match them up.

Of course, these exact match NOS stuff will cost more then just replacing the old worn out gauges with new ones. Gauge diameters have been pretty much standardized for some time, so replacements will fit and you can update the look if you want to get fancy. These gauges can be had just about anywhere, including Amazon.com, so have a look around at the usual suppliers (West Marine, Overtrons, Jamestown Distributors, etc.) and see if you find something you like.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.