Nautilus, by Jean Pierre Bouvet

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Guillermo, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Attached Files:

2. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Magnificent Guillermo. A real gem - hours of study here, and the animations bring the whole design to life. I'm almost tempted to build from the 'plans'. An excellent find. Many thanks.

3. DGreenwood

DGreenwood Senior Member

I am not sure, but I think that JP Bouvet was the author of a set of books that were the complete plans and drawings, including all equipment and the clothes the sailors wore, of a 74 gun fighting ship. A most spectacular set of books, I felt privileged to even hold them in my hands. I don't know where they can be purchased but if you ever get a chance to look through them you will find hours of great entertainment.

4. Guillermo

Guillermo Ingeniero Naval

Difficult for me to find more references in internet to Jean-Pierre's work, I've found this:
    His e-mail address: jpb.naut@wanadoo.fr
    He seems to sign his works also as Dr_Ox, as in the one attached here.
    In the attached PDF document, you'll find another delightful design from him.
    Anybody has more info on this extraordinary illustrator-designer and his work?

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.