Hello from the UK

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by watervole1, Jul 27, 2008.

1. watervole1

watervole1 New Member

Hello, gentlemen. My name is Joel, and I live in the UK with my family. I am a boat builder, although at present, i work as a woodwork tutor with people who have received brain injuries. I have built quite a few boats, from canoes to a 31ft catamaran. I am boat less at present. I am thinking about buying a restoration project, and possibly installing electric propulsion to replace the 2 diesel engines which are reportedly on their last leg. I know very little about electric propulsion, so will be asking lots of questions soon!:D
    Best Regards
    Joel

2. hmilesjr

hmilesjr Waterfront Houses USA

Hello Joel. I too am new to the forum. Sounds you you have a lot of interesting experience.

3. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

Joel welcome to the forum - so your a teacher of cabinet making to the brain dead eh! Our Mr Brown might like to hire you for obvious reasons!

But no matter what again welcome...........enjoy

4. Landlubber

Landlubber Senior Member

Hi watervole1,

I am pleased to meet you, this week i haven't drunk anything at all, my friends are very happy with my progress.......oh sorry , wrong forum.....welcome anyhow mate.

5. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

'lubber well done mate that's great to see - leaves more beer for the rest of us!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.