New to boating, need help on the make / model of this boat! (Pic)

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by krs1985, Jul 31, 2008.

1. krs1985

krs1985 New Member

I found a pretty nice boat to fix up. The owner said it is a 1974 Classic 250 25' boat. I searched for that make and nothing came up.. does anyone know what the make and model of the boat is? [​IMG]

2. krs1985

krs1985 New Member

Anyone? I might buy this for 500 dollars.. could anyone be of assistance?

3. the1much

the1much hippie dreams

hehe,,,,for $500 who cares who made it,,,,buy it,,,,or give me the dudes phone# and i will,,,,,,,could resell the way it is for a grand.

4. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

It's a classic 1974 250 25' boat ain't it? you said so yourself - if it ain't rotten and the engines work it'll be worth it -don't rally matter WHO made it, as long as it floats and works! Bit like a car -as long as it runs its fine, do for haauling your *** around! OK in years to come when you know a bit more about boats and haven't killed yourself maybe then it will matter but right now..........

5. krs1985

krs1985 New Member

i couldnt find any info on the maker or the model the boat is missing itsoutdrive, shaft and prop. the engine was rebuilt (ford 302ci) about 8 years ago, ra it twice and its been sitting ever since. the floor is starting to rot, but the hull is ok, no soft spots. not sure if themotor will run or not. the interior is mostly gutted, it needs new paint also. anyone know where to get parts for this thing?

6. safewalrus

safewalrus Ancient Marriner

engine been sat there for eight years? do you know the tune Dixie? can ye whistle it as you walk? try it as ye walk away......................don't look back (would be better if twas painted yellow - the colour of lemons!!!!!)

7. Meanz Beanz

Meanz Beanz Boom Doom Gloom Boom

Looks like and old Searay or a Markline to me but then again they where popular so alot of boats ended up looking like them... Yeah I'd guess at an old Searay copy but the brand? Does it really matter if she is sound? Have you looked all over the inside of the transom, makers plates/brands are often attached or glassed into the boat there.