Shipping parts from USA to UK

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by grob, Aug 1, 2008.

1. grob

grob www.windknife.com

I am looking to ship two boxes of boat parts from Michigan to South coast of the UK, each box is 72"x22"x22" and weighs around 75lb, can anyone recommend the cheapest way to do this.

Thanks

Gareth

2. CDK

CDK retired engineer

These guys do the pick-up, ocean freight, customs clearing and delivery to your doorsteps:
    www.wtxglobal.com

3. Tiny Turnip

Tiny Turnip Senior Member

Cheapest I found was the U.S. postal service, and their insurance is very Cheap too. you might be up against their maximum weight per parcel, worth checking.

4. grob

grob www.windknife.com

Cheers Guys,

The US Postal service was the cheapest idea but they have a max weight of 70lb which I could meet at a squeeze and a max length of 60" which I couldn't.

TX Global is also pretty cheap, better than I found through google, so Thanks.

Any other suggestions?

Gareth

5. floydrob

floydrob Junior Member

hi, i use parcel2go.com all the time, they will do a pallet service too. hope this helps.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.