HDPE canal barge (UK)

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by David Hale, Dec 30, 2020.

1. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Hi Shaun,
    Thanks for the offer.
    I'd love to see some more fabrication pictures and some detail on the welding and joining techniques.
    Certainly some very hard wearing applications suit this material, we've been using 40mm for pile guides as continuous ring around the pile, plenty of engagement and better plus easier to service that the rollers that it replaced. We even made triangular wheels/slides out of it for gangway running on concrete pontoon deck and reduced rolling crush risk from a rolling circular wheel, sure there's some wear but these are moving 24/7.

Regards from Jeff.

2. shaun Moir

shaun Moir Junior Member

Hi Jeff ,
    where are you based ? ill attach some pictures aswell i am trying to give this the shout out i believe it deserves and any advice where to get people to see this would be greatly appreciated and hopefully get the right exposure on this

3. shaun Moir

shaun Moir Junior Member

4. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

In Australia. The canal barge looks good:)

5. shaun Moir

shaun Moir Junior Member

thank you yea we can do any size im just trying to promote this correctly

kdifzero likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.