Can anyone tell me what this boat is.

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by hades, Oct 20, 2005.

1. hades

hades New Member

Hi i have no idea what brand of boat this is i have just fixed up the floor in it from dry-rot but anyway ya i just was wondering if there is anyone out there that could tell me and i know it isnt a cruisecraft i sent them pics they told me it isnt one of there's. Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Hades, all production boats after the early 70's have a HIN number (Hull Identification Number) and on this boat it will be in the upper right corner of the transom. Even home built boats will have this number, it's supplied by the state (if home built it will have a "Z" as it's first letter) The first three letters will be the manufacture code, which can be looked up at the USCG.org web site. Your title may also give an indication of the manufacture, if not the current one, previous titles. If the boat is older than this (it doesn't look to be) then a hull number may still be present, usually located on a major structural member. These older numbers are a crap shoot, but you might get lucky.

3. hades

hades New Member

Hi

I had to get the tag fitted to the boat as it never had one. But it dont look like it is b4 the 70s.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I'm not sure about down under, but in this country the tag covers the trailer. The boat has a state or federal registration number and the manufacture inscribes a HIN on the butt of the boat. The HIN is the boat ID for the boat's title, much like the "VIN" found on a car.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.