have a problem of hydromax

Discussion in 'Software' started by chaser, Jul 10, 2009.

1. chaser

chaser Junior Member

when i update the tank and compartment definition,the model is showing as attached photo,i dont know if it will affecta the calculation ?and how to fix this problem,thanks!

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Navdes_E

Navdes_E Junior Member

In some case, hydromax can do this. I have designed a passenger ship and i have calculated her tank calibrations. i have seen tank boundaries as yours. as a result this visual problem did not effect my calculations. In my opinionthis problem not desing problem, this is visual problem..

To solve this problem try to increase section numbers, fit tank sections to hull sections and recaltulate all of these. At least, try to add a new light for new direction for lightining...

thanks...

3. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

Hydromax uses crossections of the tanks for the calculations. As far as I can tell the surfaces are simply meshes created by connecting the crossections with triangles. This is in most cases sufficient for rendering purposes, but it's not stable enough for accurate calculations (especially in complex areas like bulbous bow and gondolas etc). In other words, the surfaces are only used for representation purposes. Calculations are done based on the 2D crossections, just like the "normal" hydrostatics.

1 person likes this.
Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.