Harley 42'

Discussion in 'Powerboats' started by Guest, Apr 6, 2004.

1. martin@kroesche

martin@kroesche Junior Member

46 Harley

Steve:
    Check out the www.harleypowerboats.com site-we changed it around a little and the forum should be up today. If possible, I would like to move the Harley conversations over there. I am also going to upload pictures of the various boats using HPD#'s(harley powerboat numbers) for each boat instead of names.
    In the owners gallery I will post the pictures of your boats and on yours and mine I will post the refurb process, if you want. In the event I post something that someone does not want up or just doesn't like, i will glasly take it down. Anyway, check it out and if its alight i will post more pictures of your boats.

Martin

2. Swamplizard

Swamplizard Senior Member

nice job Martin - hope the site takes off for you.

3. Swamplizard

Hey Martin - Swamplizard here - I just re-read your post and I know you have the larger Harley with diesels but....:

"Guys:
    With respect to the cavitation tubes-I took mine off becuase I did not need them with the old props. My new props would not even turn to a plane. I put the tubes back on and it popped right up. I would personally not attempt props without tubes. They are critical in the equation. I took a tour of the Fountain Factory last year and of the boat models they were running with twin and triple ASD's , they all had these tubes. "

I had some fabricated by a freind and will put them on my 43 with gas engines this weekend. Problem is I sold the 17.25x23 4 blade props figuring they were "not even close" to work. Hope I didnt blow it.

steve- post your numbers Bro as soon as you get those new 4 blade props.

Thanks

4. martin@kroesche

46 Harley

Gentlemen:
    I have set up my message board on the www.harleypowerboats.com site. I will transfer some of our conversations there-please come visit and post a hello with information you want to share with other owners. Every Harley boat is given a HPB# designation. You will be cataloged accordingly and only your boat name or first name will be used. If someone or another owner wants to contact you they will request it through the site, we will generate an email to you for permission before any personal data is released.

I will post the pictures you have sent or posted on this forum in the "Owners Gallery" section, again by HPB#. It should be neat to see a collection of different boats and their progress, updates. If for any reason at all you want data or photos removed, just let us know that as well.

I need your input. Please tell me what you want to see, data,etc to make the site as informative as possible, and interesting.

See you @ www.harleypowerboats.com Thanks

Martin

5. Swamplizard

Snorkles made up

I had a buddy make these up and will try them this weekend with my chopper props. A rubber hose will go from the sloped part of the snorkle to the underneath of the dive platform. I could not go solid metal all the way due to the large exhaust cans I have under my platform....I'll tell you all how it goes.

Attached Files:

6. Swamplizard

work work work - havnt installed them yet. Dohhhhhhh

7. Swamplizard

and one motor locked up during the no-use period of 2 weeks. Nice! Steve, get yours going yet?

8. Steve H

Steve H Senior Member

Yeah its up and running good. I have ran about 3 or 4 hundred gallons thru it so far with no issues. I finally got the new props from Ellis Propellers in FL. If they perform as good as they look I will be a happy man. I have an appointment with the crane operator today. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Sorry about your engine, have you pulled the plugs and check for hydrolock? Be sure and roll it over by hand before you do anything else. You never know, it could be just the starter.

Steve

Attached Files:

9. Swamplizard

Nice Steve - those props look fantastic.

I pulled starter - it's fine. Pulled plugs, no water or rust or anything unusual yet motor wont turn over (even by hand with a breaker bar). Maybe I got a bad tank of gas and rings rusted???? Water seps had minor water in them.

Anyway mechanic should be over soon to check it out. I filled pistons with PB penatrant and let it sit this week.

Steve dont forget to post some numbers with the new props!

cheers

O

10. Steve H

Steve H Senior Member

I just tried registering on Martin's website, no luck. I keep getting errors.

I anyone else able tot register yet?

Steve

11. martin@kroesche

46 Harley

Sorry Guys. I have been traveling for the last several weeks. Ill check it out and see whats going on. ill have it running perfect soon. I have more data and photos to post as well, its a little time consuming.

Ill post soon

Martin

12. MMNet SEA

MMNet SEA Junior Member

Snorkle Snorkel

Hi,
    Super pictures !

What exactly does your snorkle do ?
    Remove air ? Provide air ? Provide water ? Reduce cavitation? Venturi effect?

13. Swamplizard

The snorkles allow air to be sucked from above water line down to in front of the props so that they are ventilated when the boat is not on plane. It allows the props to spin easier and lets the motors get into their power rpms a bit easier to get the beast over the huimp faster. Once on plane the props should ventilate on their own.

14. MMNet SEA

MMNet SEA Junior Member

SL,

Thanks, for the education ! In Malaysia a chap is building fishing boats might benefit - I will send him your pics and info.

15. Swamplizard

Steve H - where are the new numbers Bro?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.