Do You Think It's Nice Price

Discussion in 'Boatbuilding' started by MARHOUN, Nov 24, 2005.

1. MARHOUN

MARHOUN Junior Member

Hi my friends,

Its my first time to join in this site. Everyone is dreaming about yacht likes me but the problem is its too expensive :( My wife is really annoyed with me when i talked about yacht :D

I contacted many companies some of them replied to me but some are not. Until one friend from my company adviced me to contact this company in Egypt and they can make my dream yacht.I told them how i want them to build it. It's 20 mt. long and 6 mt wide, 2 second hand engines 300 hp each with 3 rooms with a/c, 2 bathrooms, big hall with sitting room and a kitchen and on top where i can sun bathe while driving my dream yacht :p
    The company said it will cost me $130,000 including travel tax from Egypt to my country Qatar.
    Its made of wood but i want it to be in fiber glass but they said they can cover it with fiber glass.

Do you think its way too heavy ??

I attached some photo of some yachts they built before.

Can anyone advice me in this ?? I will really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Marhoun

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      55 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      27.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      44.7 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      61.5 KB
      Views:
  2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

What is the projected displacement of the boat?

3. yipster

yipster designer

when hurghhuarda on the red sea in egypt was still a small village i tried to find out bout these boats that were build from 3 inches of wood at the side of the street with handtools. craftsman it where building big feloeks but later in the eastern med, on cyprus and turkish southcoast i noticed these wooden now sharper boats again. they defenitly got a sudden atraction, some are polyestered and all are painted white. for twice the price you cant get a boat half the size from any western boatbuilder. than again, did you check the interior, does it have a compas? think two times 300 hp is eigher to much or to little for such a boat.

4. Thunderhead19

Thunderhead19 Senior Member

i don't see anything fundamentally wrong here. displacement and hull type and intended use (open ocean or protected waters) would be helpful.

5. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

No,basically there is nothing wrong with those boats. Why do you want two engines? A single larger engine is much more efficient, and will save you costs of maintainance and fuel.
    You don't require high speed because those boats are semi-displacement, so a maximum of around 15 Knots will be feasible.
    Fiberglassing - don't do it. They will do it with polyester resin and that will come off after a number of years and will devalue your boat later on.
    Those boats are made in a traditional way and you better not mix two kinds of techniques that do not fit together. If they can apply epoxy, it will be a different case; but I doubt that.

If your type of boat is also used in the Indian Ocean, you have a robust and seaworthy vessel.

6. MARHOUN

MARHOUN Junior Member

thanks for your advice
    THE COMPASS IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PRICE OF THE YACHT. I can buy it here and its much cheaper than there.

7. MARHOUN

MARHOUN Junior Member

Thank you very much for your reply.
    They told me its better to have 2 engines because the boat is heavy and 2 engines will give me a maximum speed of 20 knots.
    Dont worry about the fuel because its cheap here than any country in the world.
    And you are right about the fiberglassing

"Anybody who wants to contact this company its my pleasure to give them the number"

Marhoun

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.