Harbour Wing sail design concept.

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by oceancruiser, Apr 16, 2013.

1. oceancruiser

oceancruiser Previous Member

2. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

They purchased a boat from a buddy of seastallion and me.

A contour 50 from Galveston bay. I have some great memories of that boat!

I think they just had a recent covershot on multihulls mag?

3. oceancruiser

Which multihull mag.

Tried Multihull world. No luck

Did you take any photos. Surely you did.

4. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

I don't have any shots personally from when I crewed about 3 or 4 times... but I rounded up these of the boat. name was Renegade

163016_1770140859187_3524650_n.jpg

163144_1770144379275_2296833_n.jpg

484330_389034447821815_1770795956_n.jpg

Sailing%20away.jpg

renegade.jpg

5. oceancruiser

Thanks 2far2drive.

Interesting. Also I'm wondering y none on these Photos are on their Web site or any mention about it or their sail testing / trial. The Photo also tied at wharf and not actually sailing.

Oceancruiser.

6. 2far2drive

2far2drive Senior Member

who knows... I think it looks horrendous anyways so the less pictures of the bastardization of a semi rare cruising trimaran the better :rolleyes:

shame my buddy had to sell her but the owning/operating costs were literally insane. all the times I went out on that boat, something broke. Core of the main halyard let go once while doing 14kts across the bay, sounded like a gun went off. Then a 150lb mainsail started coming down as the core slid through the clutches on the mast. 2,000 USD to replace that halyard.

But overall, it was a fun boat.

They won the Harvest Moon Regatta one year, shooting through Port Aransas channel at 18+kts with a spin up. Couple of months later, race committee took the award away, said another multi won on adjusted time :(

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.