Well it's started .....

Discussion in 'Wooden Boat Building and Restoration' started by JLIMA, Oct 2, 2010.

1. JLIMA

JLIMA crazed throttleman

I finaly got my workshop in a usable state after it flooded out about a month ago.. So now i can go about turning wood into a boat...14' little flat bottomed gaff ketch if all goes well i should be on the water by spring. The sides are cut out one is scarfed together on isn't yet all the frames are assembled waiting to be put into place, still need to get the materials for the bottom though...but so far so good....I'll have pictures for you guys asap... but now I unfortunately have to go to work...

2. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Good luck !!! and please post some pics when ever you can :D !

3. JLIMA

JLIMA crazed throttleman

Before I start get to the point where I need to worry about the rudder I have a question concerning the rudder for this particular boat...it's a transom hung spade rudder that projects about 2 feet under the hull, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to make the lower part of the rudder "kick up" without having to remove the whole rudder to come up to the beach. The boat has a flat bottom with a dagger board so I would like to occasionally beach but with the solid spade rudder shown on the plans I would be worried about it getting damaged if left in place.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.