Handymariner

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by Catsailor, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Catsailor

Catsailor Boatbuilder & sailor

As a Newbie, I hope to be able to contribute as well as learn from others - I have built one deep-keeler, a 30' cruising catamaran and several dinghies, currently sail the Cat on Sydney harbour (no place for the faint hearted).

In no way is it a competitor, so any members of boatdesign.net are very welcome to visit the Australian Handymariner site at www.handymariner.com.au and join the forum. It deals exclusively with the selection, repair and maintenance of boats & equipment and is constantly seeking new content and input from the boating community

Cheers

Alan

2. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Welcome to the forum Alan. With your building experience I'm sure you'll be good at both giving & recieving helpful information.

I'm gonna check out the Handymariner sight. Thanks.

Take care.

Tim

3. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Careful Tim - I think this is Frosty in yet another disguise. Two reasons, (a) No-one in Australia ventures onto the sea - if they did they'd be immediately seized by the Immigration Department as 'illegals' and then deported; and (b) - there are no Australians called Allan - it's either Bruce or Sheila. :(

1 person likes this.
  4. timgoz

timgoz Senior Member

Lotta Sheila's I reckon.

Watch out Max, you might scare of this fellow.

He might think we are all warped. Then again. :)

Tim

5. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Bergalia, I recently applied to be an Australian citizen after being in this country for 55 years and already I am begining to be suspicious of everything even before I have been accepted. Maybe my willingness to be Australian.

I wouldn't be suprised if Catsailor has given a sim card to someone in the past that has got a parking fine. And has photos of a building in his possession.

Catsailor sails Sydney Harbour, is his boat full of fertilizer? For some reason the Australian Government is **** scared of fertilizer. Pun intended.

I think his website is probably very good and I shall visit it, after I have Australian Citizenship of course.
    Poida

6. Bergalia

Bergalia Senior Member

Hnadymariner

Quite right too Poida. A man shouldn't make snap decisions....

Unfortunately I've already reported you to that nice Mr Ruddock suggesting that the name Poi Da sounds kind of foreign...He said he'd send a couple of chaps around to have a quiet word, confiscate your visa, pull out your toe-nails, get you to sign a pre-printed confession (details to be added later); persuade you to support the Socceroos, and make you eat Vegemite.... :(

7. Catsailor

Catsailor Boatbuilder & sailor

Bad news I'm afraid - I was actually a Pom, before paying the 10 quid to escape. Never a popular breed in OZ, Poms were systematically overwhelmed in both numbers and culture (?) by Wogs, Chinks, Spiks, Curry-munchers and more recently, Towel-heads. This is why Bruce and Shiela have been replaed in popular folklore by Kumar, Ahmed, etc etc. Ruddock, Howard et al are doing their level best to reinvent the White Australia policy but as the legendary Vince Gale said so many years ago "two Wongs do not make a White" The numbers are against them - as will be the result of the next ********, sorry, election.

Meanwhile, I have just returned from a couple of days on Sydney harbour and am pleased to report there were no foreign gunboats about, thanks to the lock-down by security forces, allegedly practicing for the APEC summit - which we locals know is going to be extended indefinitely - the lock-down that is - not the summit.

Long live the revolution! Che - where the hell are you when you are needed?

Alan (alias Bruce)

8. Poida

Poida Senior Member

Timgoz, catsialor wasn't being derogatory, just stating facts.

Eric Banner coined the name Poida, Bergs. I think he was trying to sound Australian.

Mr Ruddocks fine, it's Howard and his henchmen that are a worry.

I gave a sim card to a bloke named Sunshiner Binliner once, hope he doesn't do anything rash.

They shouldn't let people into the country unless they are going to open a stall in the International Food Hall.

Poida

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.