Straight Thru-Hull Fitting 1-1/2''

Discussion in 'Propulsion' started by accent33, May 31, 2005.

1. accent33

accent33 Junior Member

hello
    does it matter metal plastic? i need one to use with new tuna tubes having installed on my boat in costa rica .my manager said they cant find that size in costa rica wants me to bring one but didnt say what knid

thanks

2. Corpus Skipper

Corpus Skipper Hopeless Boataholic

For tuna tubes, probably what you need are pvc fittings. Since I don't know all the particulars I'm just guessing of course. But for through hull fittings below the water line you definitely want bronze, or stainless at least.

3. accent33

accent33 Junior Member

i would think its below waterline to suck up the water to run thru tubes right?

4. Corpus Skipper

Corpus Skipper Hopeless Boataholic

Most folks I know use the raw water washdown pump to feed the tubes, so that plumbing should allready be there if you have a washdown pump. I assumed you meant the fitting to connect the tube manifold to the washdown pump.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.