Hackers are Idiots! VGYD hacked :-(

Discussion in 'All Things Boats & Boating' started by ErikG, Apr 15, 2003.

1. ErikG

ErikG Senior Member

Not really designoriented but what the heck!

Van Gorkom Yacht Design has been hacked for some stupid reason.
    I can't understand what makes people like that tick...

If anyone have their email please send them a msg that they've been hacked by some *****!

ErikG

2. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

gvg@vgyd.com ... not sure if it will go through though since that may have been hacked as well depending on how their server was compromised :(

(you can use google's View Cached Page or the WayBack Machine at www.archive.org to see snapshots of what a web site looked like a while back.)

3. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

I wasn't sure if he would get the email I sent, so I gave him a call (I've never talked with him before, so it was a little awkward calling out of the blue to tell him that his site had been hacked :() so he's on it now.

4. VGYD Hacked

Thanks to all for the heads-up. The leason learned is that you do not want to have a password that can be easily deciphered by hackers. A combination of letters, numbers and symbols is the best defense.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.