vacuum bagging info

Discussion in 'Fiberglass and Composite Boat Building' started by Psycho D, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Psycho D

Psycho D Junior Member

Just wondering is there are any books out there with good info on how-to for vacuum bagging techniques. i have most of the basic boat repair books, as well as Fiberglass and Cmposite Materials, but like to read an in depth text about it. Thanks.
    d

2. turnershells

turnershells Junior Member

I was pretty impressed with "Care and Repair of Advanced Composites" (Armstrong and Barrett) which has a good section on vacuum bagging, plus a bunch of useful stuff in other areas.
    It's written more in the line of repairs to composites in commercial aircraft, but there's lots of good ideas. First place I ever heard about hotbonders and using industrial heating blankets in vacuum bagging.

Regards,

Matt Turner
    Turner Racing Shells Ltd.