Groupama 3-almost 800-Foil Assist!

Discussion in 'Multihulls' started by Doug Lord, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Richard Atkin

Richard Atkin atn_atkin@hotmail.com

Chris, you talk about "reeling you guys back in on all this fussy technology". Cave men were probably doing 'silly' things in the pursuit of something which was interesting...even if it wasn't practical in terms of survival.
    I think that playing around with toys has been a wonderful part of our evolution.
    I totally agree with you when you talk about the value in grounded, disciplined thinking....putting in the hours to make something that is really good. But I don't think you should assume that Doug and Antoine lack these qualities, just because they have an interest in toys.
    If this was the stone age, I have no doubt that you would be able to put down your toys, and find food for your cave children. I think that Doug and Antoine would be able to feed their cave children too. They wouldn't need to be reeled in.

I personally think that the researchers who experiment with our food need to be reeled in....but that's another story.

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

Groupama III

Records ratified:
    24 hours: 33.08 knots AVERAGE
    Atlantic: 29.26 knots AVERAGE

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.