AQ170 Wiring

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by CACowboy2203, Aug 4, 2006.

1. CACowboy2203

CACowboy2203 New Member

I am looking for a detailed wiring diagram so I can re-wire my boat. If anybody has one or can help me obtain on I would greatly appreciate it

2. marshmat

marshmat Senior Member

AQ170..... is that the model number of the boat? Made by whom?
    If it's an older boat, you probably won't be able to get an original wiring schematic. In that case, it'd be easiest to just follow the appropriate codes for wiring size, type and colour coding, and lay it out yourself. If the old wiring is still there, you could use it as a guide. There are plenty of good publications on boat wiring, and lots of advice on this site (use the Search button, 3rd from right on the blue bar).

3. CACowboy2203

CACowboy2203 New Member

That is the model of the engine. It is a 1971 Volvo Penta Aq170a and has a delta hull. I am trying to restore it as it was my grandfather's who recently passed. Any advice would help. I do have a schematic just isn't clear and concise

4. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

Are you making a new engine harness or rewiring the boat?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.