stand up paddle board

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by whitepointer23, Dec 1, 2015.

1. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

I saw 2 stand up paddle boarders paddling in choppy water today. I was surprised because I thought they were flat water only. It got me thinking what a great tender it would make for 1 person. Easy to launch and compact to store. Do any of you carry one on board.

2. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Hi Brendan,

I used to use old windsurfer hulls for that, they often come up on ebay/Gtree without masts(get broken), I've paid as little as a dollar through to 25 for windsurfer one design hull I got at the recycle center at Huskisson tip(sold it later for good bucks). Some were cracked but would still get good life out of them, I also used a light ratchet strap to hold down a plastic garden chair with the legs cut right down(I used to use these on my Seawind cat to add a bit of back support over just sitting on the hard deck) & used a double ended paddle to "Sit Down Paddle Board" out to my boat, you can leave tied to the mooring & not worry about it getting nicked.... just pull another off the rack.
    My wife did think it a bit crazy to have about 8 of various types down the blind side of the house.... down to 3 now & these are customs or sinkers so not so useful.
    I've been using a canadian canoe lately so my carryall & tools can come out with me.

Jeff.

3. whitepointer23

whitepointer23 Previous Member

Good idea jeff, the other day a neighbor put a windsurfer out in the hard waste collection but some kids beat me to it. You could even add a few inchs to the beam with some foam and epoxy.

4. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

Darn those meddling kids.... they'll have some fun with it.
    You could get two.... and some 4 x 2....

Jeff.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.