Venetian water taxi plans

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by eddievanhalen, Dec 2, 2005.

1. eddievanhalen

eddievanhalen Junior Member

Hello,

I just returned from Venice and fell in love with the design of the local water taxis. Does anyone know of a source for plans for construction of one of these boats? I'd love to build one.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. netjaws

netjaws Junior Member

?

I wonder, are the drawings of that beautiful boat printed on glossy drafting paper?

Joshua N Straume

3. eddievanhalen

HAHAHA...I think they must be. What I'm afraid of is that this is one of those boats that the designers/builders in Venice keep as a closely held secret. In that case, I'll have to hire one of you brainiacs to design it for me!

4. eddievanhalen

...or steal one ! :)

5. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

Can you swim with a set of cement swim flippers? :)--------------Buy and bring it back.

6. netjaws

netjaws Junior Member

Yes, and you can be the first to cross the North Atlantic in a Venetian water taxi

7. eddievanhalen

Cyclops,

I guess buying one would be a possibility, but not as much fun as spending the next year or two putting one together. I've seen one for sale in WA for $180k http://www.maplebay.com/page67.htm

Note the ad says they can get me an new one for $230k plus tarriffs, taxes, etc...I don't think I could spend that on that boat even if I hit the lotto....

8. cyclops

cyclops Senior Member

It does come with 2 rowers. They protect the boat. :)

9. D'ARTOIS

D'ARTOIS Senior Member

180K only? That is cheap. Colombo requires for one of their craft 260 K Euro.

10. get-a-boat

get-a-boat New Member

Venetian water taxi Ihave one for sale!

Hi, 'get-a-boat' here from down under Australia. I have a small boat business here, www.ssboatsaustralia.com and I have a 1987 Venesian Water Taxi for sale. I too fell in love with these boats while in Venice 2 years ago. I do quite alot of boat import and export and could arrange shipping to the US no problem. The boat is in need of restoration but not really in too bad condition. email me direct on mollyhawk@dodo.com.au Steve.:) :)

11. tgarrett

tgarrett New Member

Venice water taxi plans

Are you still looking for water taxi plans? Gilberto Penzo (veniceboats.com) will sell you some. i've got some somewhere, damned if I know where, so i'm drawing some more!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.